An everyday account of a not-so-super mom, managing her crazy life!

An everyday account of a not-so-super mom trying to outrun insanity!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

New Project!

As a teacher and mom of three I believe in good discipline! If there is discipline I firmly believe it will take care of most problems in the classroom and at home! As much as I like to hold kids accountable, I also think it is so important for them to hear about the good things they do! While on Pinterest tonight I found this idea. Yes, it is not rocket science, but it could really help my kiddos at home feel good about doing what is right! Every time we catch them doing something good or kind we can put something in the jar. They suggest cotton balls, pom poms, money, really anything you like! Once it fills up you can do something fun to reward your kids! You can go here, to check out the blog this idea came from.


Maybe if I focus more on my kids positive behaviors and they know we are looking to "catch" them in the act, they will be less apt to be naughty! Will this solve all of our problems? The short answer is NO, but it is always nice to notice the good, not just the bad. I will try to get this done by the weekend and then keep you posted if I think it is helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment