An everyday account of a not-so-super mom, managing her crazy life!

An everyday account of a not-so-super mom trying to outrun insanity!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Octopus For Supper?!?

Well, hot dog octopus, I should say! I never have claimed to be a gourmet chef, but occasionally I try to do something fun for the kids. So tonight I made one of their favorites, hot dog octopus. As you can see it is really hard to do. NOT! Tonight I just threw it over some leftover chili, added cheese and then topped it off with a few corn chips.


I have also done this over mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. Wish I had more time to do fun stuff like this. Maybe I will someday! Love doing fun easy things for the kiddos! I still remember going to Grandma Cordell's and drinking hippopotamus juice (kool aid)! I don't have a whole lot of memories with Grandma Cordell. We lost her to breast cancer when I was only 4, but I do remember some things and hippopotamus juice is one of those. I hope to make memories with my kids and grand-kids like that one day. Miss you Grandma! Hope you all can make time to do something fun for your kids. They might just remember it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment