An everyday account of a not-so-super mom, managing her crazy life!

An everyday account of a not-so-super mom trying to outrun insanity!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Homemade Yumminess!!

Today I had the fixins for Taco Soup, or so I thought. I got it going and realized I had no tortilla chips or even tortillas to make my own chips. What's a girl to do, make her own of course!!! I looked up a couple recipes and it looked pretty easy. I finally settled on this one, Healthy Handmade Tortillas. I got out the five ingredients and went for it! Talk about EASY, it took minutes to put together. I did wait about 45 minutes to roll them out, the recipe calls for at least 30. After the forty-five minutes I made them into balls and started to roll. 





As you can see mine don't look exactly round, but they didn't need to be! I wasn't putting anything in them, just using them to eat with our Taco Soup. One thing to make sure you do is make them VERY thin! Some of them looked almost transparent and those were the best. They poof up a bit (very scientific term) so you don't want them very thick when you put them on the griddle. I did spray the griddle before putting them on and also sprayed the tops before I flipped them, just to make sure they got a little more color. 



They only took a few minutes on each side and viola, they were ready to eat. I thought they were really yummy! I have always liked my tortillas a bit chewy and these were perfect! Not to thick, not to thin and the taste and consistency was better than store bought! This is one thing I can safely say I will make again. Sorry Mission Tortillas I think you have met your match! I challenge you all to try this, you won't be sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment