An everyday account of a not-so-super mom, managing her crazy life!

An everyday account of a not-so-super mom trying to outrun insanity!

Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow Day Treat

It is hard to believe that we got over a FOOT of SNOW! It seems like forever since we have lots of snow. Yesterday was filled with watching snow fall, playing in it, freezing in it, sledding in it and freezing in it more! What fun!

This morning I decided to make the kids a treat mom used to make us when I was growing up - Biscuit Donuts! Yummy! Of course I never seem to have all the right ingredients or tools when I get a bright idea to make something, but it always seems to work out! I had the right starting ingredient - GRANDS biscuits. When I went to make them into donuts I didn't have anything to cut the hole, so what would any cook use? Why a wine bottle opener of course! It had the exact size hole and everything!
When I went to get the oil I found I had very little, but with my smallest pan on the stove it was just enough! The kids thought they were pretty good, although I am pretty sure there were never any leftovers when I was a kid! Here is the finished product. Not too shabby for a quick snow day treat!
 If you have never made them they are super easy, here's how. You will need......

1 can Grands Biscuits
Sugar
Oil
Pan
 
Then you simply make donut shapes with whatever you have on hand, such as a wine bottle opener. You can also just cut the biscuits in fourths if you don't want a donut shape! Then simply plop them in HOT oil and fry em up! They don't take long, so don't walk off! When they are golden brown on both sides dip them in sugar on both sides. Next step is easy, EAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment